I received toy kitchen set hacks that are absolutely adorable.
Jenny’s play oven
Jenny and husband, Per, turned an item from the as-is department into a play oven for her 2-year old daughter.
She says, “We found a small, laminated and hinged cabinet, which was probably a ‘Vattern’ bathroom cabinet (33x35x37cm). We then bought two extra flat laminated panels (at 1 Euro each) 1 in black and one in white, to create the missing side wall and oven top.
We added from the hardware store:
– 4 pinewood wheels designed for making a toy cart, painted them with black enamel paint to make them shiny, superglued to top panel, to create hotplates.
– 6 pinewood doorknobs, again enamel painted black, then once dry added numbers and dial-style icons, using a tippex pen – for the oven and hob controls, superglued to front
– red electrical insulation tape (self-stick), to smooth out the plywood rough edge of the top panel (chance, it was exact width)
– some self-stick coat hooks, for hanging the play oven glove, toy pots and pans and accessories
– one red handle to use as a pull down on the door
Portable baby stove
Ariacielo made a box stove to complement the Duktig set. The stove is a cardboard box covered with white and red self adhesive paper. Knobs are ingeniously made from bottle caps!