Materials: 2 x Ikea lack tables, drill, led tape, Description: Hello, I have to remove my current ceiling lamp because it block out TV projector. I need something flat. Because using sheetrock makes a lot of dust I didn’t use them.
I found Ikea lack table would be great stuff to put on the ceiling 🙂
Here are step by step instructions:
I used one 55×55 Lack table as a base, and 78×78 as the visible part.
1. Set up small table over the big one. Please make sure it is centered. Glue them together.
2. Make 4 holes for GU10 frames (or more if you want), but those 4 are needed to mount lamp to the ceiling. You need to make them in both tables
Make one hole on the center of the top table – this will be the place to connect all cables to the ceiling wires.
3. I put up led RGB tape to make some light while watching tv on the projected screen, this light is very delicate, ideal to see eg bottle of beer 🙂
4. Put some metal bindings inside the top tables (smaller one), look into the pictures.
5. Make internal connections, just drop out some paper from inside – this can be done using some long knife.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.