Description: 1) I had the Billy bookcase (birch veneer) at home for almost 5 years now… and after hours of trolling the internet and devouring a ton of blogs, I decided to do something “worthwhile” this summer.
3) I went to the dollar store and picked up 3 polyester paint brushes for just a dollar total! (easier to clean, just dip them in hot water and its clean..unlike the nylon ones that are super annoying).
4) While there, I picked up an adhesive for a dollar each, to stick it to the back bone of the book case.
5) So first, I dusted the book case with a damp cloth and then I added one coat of a the primer in the direction of the grain of the wood. (Used a nylon brush for it..and I keep this brush separate. Use it only for priming)
6) After the primer dried, I added about 2 coats of the Valspar paint leaving the back bone as is.
7) Once the paint dried up, I plastered the adhesive and let it dry..!
8) Voila! A little paint and lot of patience, Made Billy go Chic! \ ~ Suga3