Description: I wanted to display my small Dia de Los Muertos ornaments with more of a back drop and I found the Rationell brand new at a thrift store…so I came up with a plan.
– Picture hanger
– Spray paint (your choice) …white was in my garage.
– hot glue gun
– exacto knife or scissors
– double-sided scotch tape
– Your favorite digital photos + glossy photo printer paper
– Any small collectibles
1. Nail the picture hanger on the back first
2. Paint the entire organizer a color or stain of your choice. It was maple and that would work too if you like it.
3. Plan out your themes for each “box”.
4. Print photos on 8.5 x 11 glossy paper. Portrait orientation. Higher resolution always look best.
5. Measure the box inside, cut print to fit. (Note, the inside dimension is slightly smaller than the front of the boxes due to an angle on the entire frame.)
6. Apply a little scotch tape to back of the print and insert. This way it won’t slip around.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.