Materials: PS Media Storage Cabinet, BJÄRNUM folding hooks
1. Cut 3/4″ plywood to same dimensions is metal doors.
2. Drill shallow holes at top and bottom corners of one side each door using pivot hinge holes in metal doors as the template.
3. Cut steel rod that is the same diameter as pivot hinge L-rods used on metal doors with hacksaw. The length should be so that once the rod is inserted into the holes drilled in the wood, the ends stick out no more than 1/2″.
4. Insert bottom rod on each door into hole in cabinet frame. Pop cabinet top up to allow top rod to fit into place on cabinet.
5. Affix BJÄRNUM folding hooks into place. The hooks should be affixed upside down.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.