What I used:
– 1 picture frame (RIBBA)
– thick cardboard from IKEA (maybe from paper container)
– green wrapping paper from IKEA (FRAMSTÄLLA)
What else I needed:
– box knife
– self-adhesive plastic foil
What I did:
1) Take everything out of the frame. Use the wooden back or the glass, to draw the outline on the thick cardboard. Cut the cardboard and make sure it fits in the frame. You will not need the glass….
2) Measure coffee capsule and do some math 🙂
My capsules are 4,4cm. I drew 4×9 5cm squares on the back of the cardboard (used ruler here) and with the help of the compass I made 3,5cm circles. I made the circles slightly smaller than the capsules, so they wouldn’t fall through!
3) Cut all holes from cardboard using box knife.
4) Lay out self-adhesive foil and put the green wrapping paper on it. Cover the cardboard with the now waterproof green wrapping paper.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.