• Ikea’s Hemnes nightstand in White Stain
• Drawer pulls
• Medium weight fabric, such as linen
• Mod Podge
• Large paintbrush or the Mod Podge Brush Applicator
• Nailhead trim
1. Start building the Hemnes nightstand but stop after completing Step 10. Step 11 is where you start building the drawer, so you’ll want to dress up your drawer front prior to building the full drawer.
2. Iron your fabric to get out any wrinkles.
3. Lay out your fabric and cut out a piece large enough to cover the front of the drawer face and the sides.
4. Cut out the corner squares from the fabric.
5. Paint a coat of Mod Podge over the top and sides of the drawer and then place the fabric on top and wrap the sides. Follow up with a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top and sides. Trim off any excess fabric. Allow to dry and follow up with another coat, if necessary.
6. Cut your nailhead trim to frame the drawer and begin hammering it on. If your corners are loose, you can add Krazy Glue underneath to secure them, but this probably won’t be necessary.
7. I went a little rogue and added the drawer pull at this point, which was fine but made the drawer assembly a bit more difficult. I recommend that you finish assembling the drawer and then add the drawer pull.
8. Finish building the drawer and securing it to the nightstand.
9. Attach your drawer pull.