It was time to give my LEKSVIK drawer a makeover. For this look I used a whitewash-style paint and for the pulls I cut an old leather belt into stripes.
1. Remove the original handles and sand the chest. As always, first with a coarse grit and later with a finer one.
2. Level out the old handle holes with wood paste. Sand the paste down.
3. Drill holes for new handles.
4. I cut an old buckskin belt into equal strips and drilled small holes at BOTH ENDS of every strip.
5. I diluted the acrylic paint in a 50/50 ratio with water. I applied the paint to the wood with a scrubbing brush and then wiped a part of the paint off again in order to keep the coat of paint thin.
6. Let it dry.
7. Install the leather handles with screws (and nuts)