This is an under bed toy storage box I hacked for my son, using an old IKEA PAX drawer. It has little caster wheels and handles to allow my son to pull on the box to access his toys.
How I did it:
– I sanded down drawer.
– Made 4 compartments using wood planks, attached using Liquid Nails
– painted the cabinet using latex paint
– stencilled on the numbers 5 and 6 to the front of the drawer.
– added pull handles
– attached 4 caster wheels using liquid nails
– sealed it all with clear wax.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.