– Bergstena Kitchen Worktops
– Alex Storage Unit
– Alex Drawer unit on castors
– Alex drop file drawer unit x 2
– Besta frame, white
1. We cut the two Bergstena worktops to size and installed them along the entire width of the far wall of our study.
2. We mounted the worktops on top of cupboards and drawer units from Ikea’s Alex range: two Alex drawer units with drop file storage and an Alex storage unit to house our PC base unit and support the two worktops where they joined.
3. Finally we mounted an inexpensive Besta white frame on the worktop, against the window wall. This gave us the extra shelves we needed, without taking up too much space.
4. To complete our ‘Ikea hack’, we added a front and side vent to the Alex Storage Unit For less than £7 so our PC base unit would have plenty of ventilation.