Other Materials: 3 to 4 pairs of old jeans, pattern paper, staple gun, sewing machine. needle thread pins & scissors.
1. Using the pattern paper make a paper pattern of the Skurvsta Chair. The chair seat is comprised of 6 sections so you should have six paper pieces.
2. Using your paper pattern cut out six pieces of denim from your old jeans. On the blog I show you how you can make large pieces of denim from deconstructing and reconstructing your jeans.
3. Pin and sew the denim pieces together.
4. Slip the denim cover over your chair. Using pins and a staple gun, staple firmly into place. Matching up the seams in your denim with the seams in the chair.
5. To make a cover for the seat pad. Draw round the seat pad on your jeans and cut out two pieces of denim. Pin and sew right sides together leaving an opening for the pad. Turn the denim right sides out, squeeze in pad into the cover and stitch up the opening.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.