Furniture stencils can turn any old, boring, hand-me-down and create a modern bedroom dresser. Furniture stencils are one of the easiest DIY tricks that can transform an IKEA piece and give it a second chance.
1. Begin by taking the plain IKEA Rast dresser and giving it a few base coats. This particular color is custom Benjamin Moore using mixed black, Chicago Blues, and New York State of Mind.
2. After removing each individual drawer from the base, stencil the border on the outside base of the dresser. Using the first border design of the Inlay kit and a small stencil brush, apply Benjamin Moore’s Navajo white to the stencil.
3. You will apply the same border around the face of drawers as you did for the base of the dresser. Again, using a stencil brush and a light coat of paint fill the stencils with the Navajo White paint from Benjamin Moore.
4. Then, go over the second border from the set as seen below! Be careful to keep a straight light and lightly paint over! After a few minutes of letting it dry, it is time to cover the face of the drawers with the Neera Inlay Stencil.
5. Lastly, use the Neera Inlay Stencil on the top of the dresser using the same roller and paint. After peeling it back make sure everything is up to your liking and the stencil is aligned correctly.
6. Now, for a little extra touch on this bedroom dresser, replace the regular wooden ones with adorable glass knobs from Home Depot.