To support the main weight, I used eight legs, that held up an Oriented Strand Board, that exactly fitted between the shelves
The waterbed base was finished. Time to do something for the optics. I bought two MDF boards that when combined were a bit larger than the base.
The reason, I had bought two boards and not one was a single board 150×200 cm would not fit into my car.
I was not sure if I would need it, as no one ever would walk on the laminate boards. But I had enough impact sound insulation left over from the last conversion so I had it installed under the laminate boards.
The laminate did not have to be laid floating and so I screwed it on to the MDF board.
I sawed the aluminum profile, mitered and glued it with hot glue on to the MDF board.
The aluminum profile is 4 x 4 cm, which left enough room, to stick an adhesive-backed LED strip on the inner vertical side of the profile.
Well, I thought this is it and the work is done…
…but after looking at the bed for a while I thought a headboard was missing. Not much. Just a place to drop a book or smartphone or something like that
I cut a short MOSSLANDA picture ledge in half and screwed the four ledges on the chipboard. The lower ledge was on the same height as the bed and the upper ledge at a height so that a book or tablet would not accidentally drop over the edge.