5. Next, the drawer fronts. They weren’t painted but covered in gorgeous tropical print wallpaper. I took extra care to make sure that the patterned print on the wallpaper matched across all three of the drawer fronts.
6. To finish, I added new knobs to the drawer fronts.
I love how bright and fun the updated chest of drawers look now. It is certainly a statement piece. Now the neighbours have seen what we did with their old piece of IKEA furniture, they want it back!
This was a very affordable IKEA hack. I needed only a small amount of chalk paint for the frame and the wallpaper only cost about $20 for the whole roll. There is plenty of paper left over for matching furniture upcycles.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.