I noticed when I researched laying RUNNEN Floor Decking tiles, people commented that the tiles lifted in high winds and IKEA don’t sell clips.
My solution is simple and doesn’t cost much.
IKEA items used:
Other materials and tools used:
Wire, screws and washers
Drill and small drill bit
How to keep RUNNEN floor decking tiles in place
1. Drill hole on opposite sides of each tile, make holes slightly larger than the wire you use.
Thread the wire through the holes in the tiles.
Related: Ideas for IKEA RUNNEN floor decking edge / transition?
2. Position the threaded Tiles to where you wish to lay them down, click the tiles together.
3. Drill a hole at the side of the concrete floor or timber base. Plug and drive in the screw and washer, screw in approximately 3/4 way down.
4. Wrap the wire around the screw under the washer and drive home the screw.
Do the same on the other side, this time pulling as much tension on the wire around the screw as possible before driving home the screw.
5. The same process works for the trim.
Costs just a few dollars to do the hack.
How long did it take?
A couple of hours.
What do I like about this hack?
It works and keeps the tiles in place.
Hardest part of the hack?
Working out how to do the hack.
Drill the holes in the right place, making sure that the wire does not interfere with the ‘clicking’ process of the tiles.
~ by John
You may also like this RUNNEN tile hack
This is the hack my brother Johan, had for his ugly concrete wall in his garden.
He mounted the tiles with screws directly on the concrete wall, but he said it would have been better is he had made a wooden frame. Read more.