A large standing desk using Expedite shelving parts. At 48″ high, it’s high enough for a tall person to rest their elbows on. At 73″ width, it’s large enough to hold a bunch of gear AND eat meals on. At ~$250 in parts, it’s a great value for the size.
2 x 2×2 Expedit shelving unit (801.352.98, $40 each) 2 x 5×1 Expedit shelving unit (201.162.74, $60 each) 1 x 73″x10″ Lack shelf (601.037.50 $30)
Hardware store items:
– 8 x metal braces – 96″ 4×1.5″ board cut up for shelf supports (can substitute for Capital legs for class).
1) Lay both fully constructed 2×2 units across from each other.
2) Lay fully constructed 1×5 unit across back of top (one step ahead of construction photo 2)
3) Lay partially constructed 1×5 on front of top. This partially constructed shelf should only include three pieces: two short sides and one long side. This leaves enough space underneath to slide a high chair or bar stool underneath.
4) Bolt pieces together using braces and screws.
5) Attach lack shelf, supported by Capita brackets or cut up boards.