Description: I had been looking for a console table to fit in a nook behind my sofa so I went to Ikea to see what might work.
1) Purchase 3 Ekby Jarpen Shelves at 46 7/8″long
2) Use a pocket screw jig to make 4 pocket screw holes in the top inside of the shelves that will become your “legs” of your console table and repeat this same step for the other leg.
3) Use a regular table saw to cut the legs to your desired length. 30-31″ is standard for a console table.
4) Screw the top of your table to the legs using the 2″ coarse pocket screws. There will be 4-2″ screws used on each leg. They will screw from the inside of the leg to the bottom of your console table shelf.
5) Stage your new console table, stand back and smile
*Note that the pocket screw jog makes your screws not visible from the top of your table giving you a more finished look instead of exposed screws.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.