Description: After letting the rolled up rug relax for a few weeks to remove any kinks, I vacuumed and measured out my pattern.
I cut a “V” template out of a cardboard scrap, then started marking off the stripes using the template as a guide. I used green frog tape to tape off the lines, making sure to press firmly to avoid any seepage.
I mixed basic acrylic craft paint with textile medium at a 2:1 ratio as directed on the bottle, and went to painting.
I initially used a foam brush, which wasn’t the best for coverage. After switching to a bristle brush, the paint was much more evenly applied.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.