Description: The groovy scrolls were glued on (after much deliberation on placement & angle). Then the mirror was primed (Zinsser Cover Stain) and given 2 coats of (same as dressers). Once dry, I lightly sanded in a few spots, revealing the original dark color underneath.
Now to add all the “door bits” – metal backplate, glass door knob, and hinges.
The glass door knob was epoxyed to the metal backplate.
I sprayed “Egyptian Brown” 4″ door hinges (Home Depot) with Rustoleum Antique Nickel then Rustoleum Oil Rubbed bronze – layering the 2 so that they ended up a bit mottled looking.
I really was not sure that the IKEA wood could be screwed into, so I took the heads off the screws with bolt cutters, and just glued them into the holes. I used PL2000 Adhesive to adhere the hinges and the metal plate to the mirror-almost-door.
This was a really simple project. You could use store bought wooden pieces to add the detail, and paint it any color that works in your space. Of course, white was our my choice, but this would be gorg in a juicy bright raspberry, or in a bold teal blue.