1) Make the top hole bigger, so your head fits in it, but don’t cut near the metalic ‘loopies’; you still need them to keep the metal structure in place and stretch the lamp open.
2) Reinforce with some tape.
3) Cut a little spyhole.
4) Paint a pupil & iris around it.
5) Put the sphere on your head, then stretch it open by introducing the metal structure.
6) And remember to bring a straw if you want to drink at the party!
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.