This is a hack to turn the Ikea mirror into a stowaway dining room table that seats 6 people. Great for people with small apartments but who still want to host dinners/events.
1) Attach two hinges to bottom of mirror
2) Attach two eyelets to side of mirror
3) Attach two hooks to wall
4) Attach mirror to wall via other end of hinges
1) While in the ‘up/mirror’ position, the wall hooks feed through the eyelets and prevent the mirror from falling down.
2) In the ‘down/table’ position, the stool supports the table end opposite from the wall.
1) The back side of the mirror isn’t perfectly level so I glued a couple pieces of cork board down so that the eating surface was uniformly flat.
2) I stapled a cheap water proof liner to the backside (table side) of the mirror. I always lay a table curtain down when in use, so the liner just provides an extra level of defense.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.