IKEA items used: MALM Headboard, VIKA ALEX office storage.
1. The back of the MALM headboard was cut down with a (Festool) table saw to the width of the VIKA ALEX Drawer unit to serve as the top of a narrow desk.
2. The top of the MALM headboard was cut down to the height of the VIKA ALEX Drawer unit, to serve as a supporting leg.
3. The top of the now leg had to be filled with wood putty so that it could be fitted with IKEA wood dowels.
4. The VIKA ALEX Drawer unit, and the portion of the top of the MALM Headboard were partially covered in a textured blue fabric (purchased at Prime Fabric’s in NYC). ModPodge glue was used to adhere the fabric to the IKEA pieces.
5. Holes were drilled into the top of the leg, the top of the VIKA ALEX drawer unit, and the bottom of the desk top. Dowels were inserted in the top of the leg and the VIKA ALEX unit, both of these pieces were also covered in wood glue.