Recently I moved to my own apartment and I decided to renew my study / entertainment room. Found some inspiration on the internet and I thought of using IKEA products.
The most interesting part of this project is that it uses some products that are not for that purpose (it is a hack!! :). For example the panels are the “ILSENG” which really are for closet doors and “TINGSRYD” are used for drawer fronts in modular kitchens, here were used as shelves.
1. Fixed 8 ILSENG panels to the wall (requires 36 screws, one in each corner).
2. Fixed LACK shelves above the panels (the panels do not have much thickness, so it is not difficult to make holes for fixed shelves).
3. Fixed 2 TINGSRYD Drawer front to the wall. I Use two small L brackets and paint in black.
4. Fixed TV wall mount above the panels (make sure you stay well centralized and use a wall mount that is right for the size of your TV).
5. Fixed UPPLEVA above the panel. (Paint it part in black).
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.