– Bought online at IKEA two MALM chest of drawers listed on the Italian site at 39.99 (plus shipping)
– Bought one roll of black and white wallpaper from the eBay that pictures “black and white” scheme books, and which is in the style of 60’s Italian designer Pietro Fornasetti.
– Glued the wallpaper on the front of the 2 drawers.
– Applied a layer of opaque glue.
– added 4 60’s style brass handles, two for each chest or drawers, also bought on the eBay.
– drilled two holes on each drawer and screwed in the handles
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.