1. Do not assemble the BEKVÄM spice rack. Fill up the holes on the sides of the BEKVÄM with wood paste, as we won’t be needing them. I used a big syringe to do it as the holes were small.
2. Drill new holes for the copper tubes. I used a paper template to mark the holes center with precision on the four boards.
3. Apply varnish on the boards and allow them to dry thoroughly. Varnish dries slowly. So be patient.
4. When dry, sand the holes to remove any excess varnish. I used a Dremel but you can use anything suitable you have at hand.
5. Next is to build the bottom board. What you need to do is to add something to stop the tubes from going further when inserted into the holes. I used Meccano metal bits (but anything else like this will do the job). Screw them firmly into the board as they will support all the weight from the upper boards.
6. Add casters to the corners, at the widest possible area.
7. Slot the boards through the copper tubes. Use a level to make sure they are straight, then seal them in place with hot glue. Or something else if you have a better and classier idea!