1. Buy KALLAX shelf unit as well as the KALLAX insert with door.
2. If you are interested in other accessories IKEA now has a pet line. This is where I bought the cat house, cat toy, and placemat for the food bowl.
3. I followed the directions as normal in assembling the KALLAX shelving unit. The only step I skipped was leaving out one of the dividers so that the shelf has two rows at the top and one row at the bottom.
4. Once the shelf was completed I followed the instructions to insert the door. I used scissors to cut off one of the panels, that way the cat could access the litter box. It could also be effective to cut a hole into the panel rather than cut it off, but I wanted to have enough space to change and clean litter.
* I didn’t do this step but I imagine it would be helpful to reinforce the door by gluing the back panel to the shelf.
5. After that, I put all of the accessories Into the shelf. It is big enough to store his food, litter, and toys. I also placed a carpet in the bottom part to avoid the mess from the litter.
The price for my cat corner was also very affordable.
KALLAX shelf unit: $38.99
DRONA box: $3.99
LURVIG cat house: $5.99
KALLAX insert with door: $17.99
LURVIG cat toy: $2.99
LURVIG placemat: $.99
Overall I only spent about $70.00. This was a good price considering the ready-made cat furniture I was researching cost over $100.00. The only additional items I bought were the blanket for the cat bed as well as the carpet and mat for the cat litter.