I took my old iHome apart. The speakers didn’t work and the some of the buttons were malfunctioning. So I got rid of all the unnecessary components.
I traced the clock screen onto the back of the cork top and cut it out with an Xacto knife, then hot glued it to the cork. The cork flaked a bit in some areas so if I redo it I might try another technique.
I positioned the circuit board and hot glued the button and nobs components directly to the inside of the box.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.