It was always a problem for us, where to store the coffee capsules. We simply could not choose any holder version from the manufacturer, because they also needed a lot of space like simple boxes. So we decided to make our own, which can be moved out of the way after use.
For the 40cm long capsule holder we used some components of the following sets:
– 2 pcs. Grundtal single rail 40cm
– 2 pcs. Grundtal double rail 40cm
– 1 pc. Grundtal shelf (6xRails) 80cm
– 1 spring cylinder from Malm with 6 drawers (Wear a wide smile, and you can get one from the customer service :D)
(If you are OK with a 80cm long version, you only need the 80cm shelf, one Single rail, and the spring of course)
1. The trickiest part was to remove the unnecessary bends from the shelf frame.
2. Drill two holes for the spring as seen on the picture.
3. Assembly as usual with one little difference. At one end, attach the two short ears with longer, or double ended screws (found in the package of the single rail Grundtal).
4. Attach the spring
5. Position, and fine tune. The closer you screw the spring’s loose end to the base, the greater the angle will be when opened, and the capsules may fall out.
6. Have a well earned coffee of your choice. 🙂
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.