1. Fix the four FIXA floor protectors in the corners of the back of APTITLIG chopping board.
2. Remove the clip from the lamp and unscrew the nut.
3. With a gauge, measure the diameter of the lower part of the lamp. Find a right sized washer to fit the diameter of the lower part of the lamp.
4. Turn the chopping board upside down and locate the place to make the hole. For stability, the hole should be centered along the short side of the chopping board and about 2 cm away from the edge. Use a drill bit with the same diameter as the lower part of the lamp to make the hole.
5. Disassemble the lamp switch, so that you can pass the wire through the washer and then, through hole you just made. Fix the lamp to the board by tightening the nut.
6. Reassemble the switch. Install the halogen bulb into the socket. And you’re done.
Jules Yap started IKEAHackers.net in 2006 as a personal blog to showcase the most impressive IKEA hacks from all over the world. Since then, she has learned a lot more about power tools and DIY. Her site has helped thousands modify IKEA furniture with step-by-step tutorials, craft projects and home styling.