1. First fill all the staple holes and wood knot imperfections with wood putty. 2. Sand down to achieve smooth finish. 3. Painted 2 coats of wood knot protector undercoat on each crate section. 4. Spray painted each crate in a different gloss paint. 5. Assemble each crate once completely dried. 6. Join crates together using screws. 7. Fill each section and enjoy!
~ by Helen Clements
#2 IKEA KNAGGLIG box shelf
This is my first hack and it’s a pretty easy one. You just need an IKEA KNAGGLIG Box to turn it into a wall shelf with an additional board!
1. Start with a KNAGGLIG crate. I used the smaller one.
2. Remove the bottom panel.
3. Divide the panel into two portions of 2/3 and 1/3 sections according to the planks.
4. Shorten the smaller plank to match the inside width of the KNAGGLIG crate.
5. Remove the bracket from the discarded section and reattach to the smaller shelf.
6. Using screws, attach the smaller shelf to the inside of the KNAGGLIG crate.
7. You can then position the larger KNAGGLIG shelf anywhere you want. I decided to place it next to the box shelf.
8. Screw onto the wall with appropriate wall fixings. And it’s all done.